Some girls seem entirely impossible to surprise. I know this because I am by far one of those girls. I am one of those girls who is obnoxiously good at guessing when someone is going to do something for me, what kind of gift they’re going to give me, and where they are going to take me to surprise me.
It is infuriating to have a woman like this in your life, trust me, I know. So here are a few simple things you can do to be unpredictable to the girl who can predict your every gesture. The key is is simplicity.
- Ditch the roses, pick up the daisies & wildflowers
Instead of buying her a dozen roses, like every guy in the world does, buy her a little bouquet of random flowers… The kind most manly-men wouldn’t dream of buying.
– Because, when a girl knows you are going to buy her flowers, she will expect one of two things. Either you will buy the same kind you (and every other guy) think are the most romantic, roses. So don’t do that, they are pretty over rated anyway. OR she will assume you want to buy the most expensive bouquet of flowers, which are also roses. Honestly, money can’t buy genuine surprise… But creativity, originality, and spontaneity can. –
- Don’t hit the movies, take a drive
If you really want to surprise your impossible girl, don’t stick to the classic dinner and a movie. Take it outside the box. Take a drive somewhere you don’t know. Find a new place to go, out of town. Maybe it’s a State Park, or even a museum. Hell, if you’re set on the movies, find an old drive-in theater.
– Everyone and their parents do dinner and a movie, yes it’s a classic, and yes dinner can be romantic… But maybe that is exactly what your girl is expecting from you. If you don’t tell her where you’re planning to go, and you start driving to a new place… She will never be able to guess what you have up your sleeve. Google is a great resource for finding new date ideas. (Or if you really want to do your homework, try Pinterest. A girl’s every dream can be found on that website.)-
- Don’t ask her what she wants, take a risk
It would be so much easier to flat out ask a girl what she wants, in any sense of the word. From buying a gift for an occasion or where she wants to go to eat. Instead, go out on a whim and pick something/somewhere out that is completely out of the blue.
– If you ask her what she wants, she obviously knows what she is going to get. Even if you try to be sly and go with an idea that she has mentioned before to you, she might pick up on it easily, especially if you drop hints. So, do some digging, ask her friends/family what she likes, stalk her social media accounts (again, Pinterest is a GOLD MINE.) She will appreciate the thought much more than a blunt inquiry. –
- Avoid making plans, just show up on her doorstep
This one is fairly obvious, but can be tricky if you already do this often. Instead of sending her a text or calling her, asking if she wants to go out and do something- just show up (and bring those wildflowers from the grocery store if you’re really feeling spontaneous.) She might “need a minute” to get ready, but she will be thrilled to just get up and go.
– Again, pretty self explanatory. If your girl is the kind that likes to be surprised, and you’re not the kind of person to show up unannounced. Bam, it’s a huge surprise. I will warn you, she might be extremely unprepared, and you’ll want to check casually if she’s busy that night/day or not. Ask her the day before what she has planned, but don’t reveal your plan.-
- Less is more, little things vs. extravagance
When you really want to surprise a girl that is impossible to surprise, stick to the small things. Mix CD’s, letters & notes, sweet texts out of the blue, etc. Any of those things will be much sweeter and spontaneous than grand gestures of affection.
– Most girls expect guys to think that to suprise a girl, they have to be over the top… So, that’s what girls expect to happen. If you stick to small things, she probably won’t see them coming. If you really want to be sentimental and make an impact, maybe do multiple little things at once. But, again, I will emphasize that a little thought goes a long way.-
I hope you have found some sort of help from these things. I know that if someone wanted to surprise a girl like me, who is impossible to surprise, this is how I would recommend they go about it.
Good luck in your spontaneous endeavours!